Support my Patreon
01: Looking for Satellites - Pg. 04
December 6th, 2017, 11:00 pm
------ Jump To ------
#2 - 01: Looking for Satellites - Pg. 01
#3 - 01: Looking for Satellites - Pg. 02
#4 - 01: Looking for Satellites - Pg. 03
#5 - 01: Looking for Satellites - Pg. 04
From the Author
December 6th, 2017, 3:42 pm
You know how a lot of stories goes through multiple revisions before the final one? Well, this one was no different. Originally, the opening scene of the comic was Callie coming home from college, and somewhat arrogantly thinking that she’ll find a new job in no time, since she’s got a degree. Well, as most of us who have student loan debts will agree with, that’s far easier said than done. There was a montage of her having various interviews, including:
• A Barista (which was already overstaffed and not hiring)
• A Pharmacy Tech Job (which she was unqualified for)
• An Insurance Job that wanted her to spend two grand of her own money to get certified. (Two grand she didn’t have.)
• A Waitress at the Unilateral House of Waffles, but they’re OVERhiring.
• A Hostess at a strip club, but she just outright said “no”.
• A pizza shop sign spinner where she’s baffled it requires five years of experience.
Until finally coming home to tell her mom that she got a job at the Tacocat.
While some of that would have been funny, it really would have slowed the story down.
And there was also another page, right after this one, where she had a longer conversation with Mike there… But it ended up being kinda redundant, as there was no new information revealed and it also didn’t really push the story forward any.
I still might draw those pages for the collection though.
Leave a Comment
December 7th, 2017, 10:41 am
I saw the guy's fingers in the last panel half-way through reading the page. "Damn". Kinda got curious, then he mentioned a Unit C.O. and that filled in some of the gaps.
December 7th, 2017, 12:46 pm
: There's a *little bit* more to it than that. But that'll be revealed sometime this season.
Leave a Comment